Friday, August 23, 2013

"Friends" to the North

Some may not fully understand this post. In fact might even feel like I am rude and do not deserve to fall in love at all. I will be talking to the rest out there that live in the Pacific Northwest. Please sympathize with me.

At this point many are already smiling at what I am implying, others are probably driving and shaking their fist at the car behind, in front and beside them. 

See I avoid Costco on a Saturday morning, I don't go to Safeway after work and I refuse to frequent the Guide Edaleen Dairy. I will rearrange my schedule to avoid the crowds of friends from the North. 

I didn't even consider this aspect when I was looking into online dating. 

Apparently there are more Canadian men qualified to be a fit for me than there are American men. 
No wonder I haven't found someone yet! 

At least this is what the website keeps telling me when I check my options. Not only do I find it quite odd its extremely uncomfortable. I look at a profile, I nod my head as I read their interest and then I glance back at their "home" and the little hope I had is smothered. Out like a light! 

And then the guilt creeps in.

I know that these are nice boys and some very important people in my life hail from that land...but I can't cross that line.

I mean...I wish I had the excuse that I can't cross the border but that's a lie.

It just does not make sense for me to pursue a Canadian. I barely had time before to date...now this website wants me to date AND cross international borders frequently?!? It's just too much. 

Then again...
In the future 
I might be loading up my car 
with milk and gas
headed to see 
about a boy 
up North...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Speaking from many years of experience of the 'Great North,' I know a few lovely people up there, but I don't know if International Relations are quite what you are looking for in this stage. I say: NOOOOOOOOO.....RUN FAR AWAY!
BTW:love that you are doing this. I see many laughable moments coming :) love ya!